Thursday, November 8, 2007

Killing Time

Well, it is late, but I need to unwind a little before I go to bed. Working on homework at night has become a necessity, but it is pretty much impossible to fall asleep after thinking about finite difference schemes for three hours. Last night I actually had a dream about solving one of the homework problems ... it is sad! My dream solution wasn't even right - I tried it almost first thing this morning, so it was in no way a useful dream.
Anywho, I am getting close to one month to go until this hellacious semester is over. I honestly do not think I've ever worked this hard before ... and I really don't care to ever again (at least not at this salary!!). I feel slightly encouraged that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It is too bad that I am still quite a ways from defending my thesis. Even though I will need to work on research over winter break, I am excited about December because of the holidays and because I am going to San Francisco for the AGU meeting - and Chris is coming out there for 2-1/2 days and we are going to Napa Valley - yay! :)
The weather has been really nice here in the Fort but it is too bad that the mountains aren't getting much snow. I would love to go snowboarding sometime soon, but it's not worth the drive to ride in 20 inches of packed, man-made snow. I could do that in Georgia! Haha. I wish I could enjoy the nice weather more, I haven't ridden my road bike in well over a month!! I rode my mountain bike home on some of the foothills trails last week and had a lot of fun, but now it is dark by 5:00 so I can't really do that and get in a decent day's work. I am itching to do something outside though - one of these next weekends I will have to take some time off. Chris and I hiked at a new park outside of fort collins last Sunday and it was really nice. It's called Bobcat Ridge - we hiked a 4.5 mile trail that just winds along a valley in the foothills and it was very pretty. We hiked slow because I have been a little sick, but it was wonderful to be outside for a few hours. They have even more trails so maybe we can go back and mountain bike there before the snow starts to fall.
Well, I might try to post a picture or two from my life recently, but then I am off to bed! Goodnight. :)

No comments: