Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm back

It's been a while but I will probably get back into this blog soon. I keep meaning to write about our last few days in Alaska - I know in my head what I want to say but just haven't taken the time yet. Saturday we returned from 3 weeks in Europe! Hiking the Haute Route was an AMAZING experience and I have lots of stories and pictures. My main goal with those will be to make an actual photo album but I plan on doing some posting online to share with friends who live far away. The conference went well, even though I wasn't super excited about my poster, I feel like I learned a lot and was able to think about my research in a new light (usually I focus on hydrologic cycle and the conf. was on the carbon cycle).

Since getting home I am trying to a) get over jet lag and b) get into a routine that is slightly less hectic than the one I was following over the summer. I really enjoyed eating breakfast with Chris while we hiked (we stayed at a lot of hotels/hostels that included breakfast), so since I'm not training for anything these days I'm looking forward to more relaxing mornings with him. I also want to ride my bike (commute) more often, run a few days a week, and do yoga. Also I have a list of things to do at work that I have somewhat prioritized, so I can hopefully make progress on some of the more important items. Getting back to work is hard but I feel like I got a decent amount done today. The only place I feel slightly overwhelmed is with things to do at home, just because that list seems to be never ending!

Also I have lost interest in facebook, at least for now, so don't expect to find out about my life on there ... instead give me a call :). I will probably post on here more often to make up for my obsessive desire to write obscure comments on my life. So, check back often and as always thanks for stopping by!

No comments: