Saturday, February 4, 2012

Update

A lot has happened in the past two weeks, and more excitement is around the corner. In chronological order:

- I had a phone interview for a job in Exeter, England but haven't heard back so I'm losing hope for that one.
- I went to Urbana-Champaign to visit the atmospheric science department for a potential post-doc. While there, I found out I got the NASA post-doc fellowship I applied for, to work at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena (LA). And Chris got invited for an interview for a job in Boulder.
- We had a relaxing weekend at home and threw a low-key baby shower for some friends.
- Our cat Nora had surgery to remove a mass of rubberbands in her stomach.
- I got invited for an interview at Scripps Oceanic Institute in San Diego.
- I came to Pasadena for two days to meet the people I would be working with.
- Emmaline began to crawl!
- I met Chris' aunt, uncle, and cousins for the first time (after 8 years of marriage!), although I've met one of his cousins Mary before. We watched old home videos of Chris wearing short shorts with suspenders when he was 8 :)

Now I'm spending the weekend in Pasadena with a friend, and heading to San Diego on Sunday for the interview at Scripps. I'm sad to be away from home for another six days. Chris and I will probably decide on our next step soon - depending on how each of our upcoming interviews go. Life has been very interesting lately, but I will be happy when we know what we're doing next.

1 comment:

Sazzle said...

Wow, a busy few weeks indeed! I've learned that life with a baby is already enough to keep life moving at a fast pace, but with everything you're up to as well, it's definitely a lot! Hope you're keeping up alright and getting some rest too! Good luck with the interviews!