Friday, March 23, 2012

Another frightening look into my life ...

7:42 am - In my attempt to make eggs for Chris and I, I accidentally poured the eggs down the drain. Oops - at least I had already cooked some yolk for Emmaline (apparently babies are possibly sensitive to egg whites. Emmaline loves the yolk, which is great except Chris made up a creepy song about babies eating babies).

8:58 am - At work after a delightful bike ride in (my 3rd day to commute this week!), and a fun morning watching Emmaline dance. As soon as she hears anything with a beat she starts grooving, it's awesome :)

9:10 am - Gosh darn it. I have very involved coauthors, which is both a blessing and a curse. They are the reason my paper will be decent but also the reason I'm on revision #3 after sending out the first draft 1 year ago!! Feeling kind of moronic at the moment ...

9:53 am - I just had a coherent conversation with someone about heterotrophic respiration on the fly! Feeling a little more doctor-like.

11:25 am - Still working on soil respiration :( But happy for a quick snack/coffee break (my second cup of the day!!!)

3:54 pm - Holy crap, did I really just spend all day investigating modeled soil respiration ...

4:31 pm - To add to the futility of my day, I just reapplied for a job I supposedly already have. I'm disappointed with how little I've accomplished today but now it's 74 degrees outside so this is no time to dwell on work stuff.

4:35 - Just realized that though I rode my bike in with fleece tights, I neglected to bring shorts. I'm wearing a dress ... hmm .... do I sweat to death or be a little risque?

6:45 pm - Home from a lovely ride with Rachel. So glad it's daylight savings time now so we can ride late! (PS I went with the tights on the ride home.) Can't believe it's March and we just rode in shorts and short-sleeves.

10:45 pm - Feeling exhausted after finishing season 6 of 24. Poor Jack, someone needs to give that man a hug.

1 comment:

Amy said...

For some reason this one didn't show up in my RSS feed- strange. Anyway, I laughed about the baby eating babies- that sounds like something Kevin would say. And I love 24! Poor Jack sure does go through a lot over the course of the series...