Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What the heck are we still doing in the U.S.???

Some of you might be asking this question. Didn't I get some job in England? Well - yes, and no. I was offered the position, but due to some visa annoyances, I don't actually have the job yet. If this sounds confusing - it is.

Basically, the job was not originally advertised correctly according to all the rules one must follow if one is hiring a non-UK citizen. So the job has been re-posted (with the new job description tailored toward my CV), and will close on Friday. (Don't even think about applying!!) Then I'll re-interview (I'm guessing this will be informal), and be hired (if that doesn't happen I shall commence Revolutionary War II).

In the meantime, we've been in this weird limbo of needing to get ready to leave but not knowing when we'll leave or what needs to be packed (we're unsure about if moving expenses will be covered). It's been stressful and an emotional roller coaster and I will be much happier when I know for sure when I start etc.

We've rented our house out to a work friend and her husband. It's a great situation, but means we will leave Ft Collins the weekend of April 28 (less than 3 weeks!!). I'm getting incredibly sad about leaving, so enough about that. The good news is, we'll spend 4 weeks or so in Georgia with family. Emmaline will have lots of time to bond with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins before we leave, which is really important to Chris and I. We are still excited about living in Exeter, and I'm excited about the job. So hopefully we'll get there eventually ...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds stressful! But I'm sure it will all work out just fine.

Sazzle said...

Wow, hope everything gets squared away soon! I can't imagine moving overseas with a baby, let alone not knowing for sure when the move is supposed to happen! Argh!