Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Best Breakfast Ever!

Over the last few days, it has snowed almost 30 inches in the mountains (more in some places). So, even though I am still not done with my poster, Chris and I decided to go enjoy the powder today! We woke up at 5:30 (even though I was up till 2 working on the poster), struggled over whether it would be worth braving the road conditions, and then finally left the house a little after 6. Things were pretty good, I-25 had snow on it but some parts of it were pretty clear. But my windshield wipers were not getting the job done, and a block of ice was slowly spreading from the top of the windshield. We stopped for gas south of Loveland, and after listening to the traffic report (overturned truck, avalanche prevention, emergency bridge repairs, tunnel closures once an hour for hazardous material transport), we decided to turn around. We got royally screwed last year twice with traffic - one time we sat on I-70 for an hour before learning it was completely shut down - so we did not want to risk that headache, especially since I still have to finish my poster. Plus, we were planning on taking lessons, which would probably be on a groomed trail, and wouldn't even be able to enjoy the powder until after lunch.

This could have been very disappointing, but we decided to make getting up at 5:30 worth it by having breakfast at Chik-fil-A in Loveland. It was the best!! I love their chicken biscuits, they are so warm and buttery and delicious. Yum. Then we bought two $20 gift cards, which came with two free calendars. Next years have some really sweet coupons, so we are looking forward to a happy year of eating at chik-fil-A. Then, Chris brought in their newspaper and the guys behind the counter gave us 3 more coupons for free sandwiches.

So I do not regret getting up early. It was kind of an adventure with Chris, I got some gas station coffee, and we had our favorite breakfast. Now we are home and it's not even 8:30 yet, so we have the whole day ahead of us! Although I think a nap will be in order at some point. Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy the snow some day soon - but if not, at least we'll have saved some money. (I am a glass half-full kind of person).

Oh, I should also mention that my poster is coming along well and yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a while, just because it seems like maybe things are finally going my way! :) Bye!

No comments: