Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Work"

I haven't had much to do lately. I'm waiting for things to happen so I can make final changes to my thesis and start running a higher resolution GCM on a supercomputer. Today is a prime example of what my life has been like the last few weeks ... very busy & unpredictable at home and just looking for things to keep me busy at work.

6:30 alarm goes off
7:30 wake up, it's 54 degrees in the house!
7:35-8:30 Chris and I planted some bushes and small plants in the backyard. We meant to do this Sunday but instead spent the whole day filling holes in the house/crawl space and cleaning up after some mice who have been visiting us. Turns out Tiger was a great deterrent (way to go buddy!), and we might be getting a new cat sooner than we thought.
8:30-10 Get ready for work, water the plants, ride to work.
10-now (1:15) I'm not sure. Ate breakfast, had some coffee, checked email, bought plane tickets to Georgia for Christmas, talked to my mom, talked to Rachel about Heroes, talked to Nick about the need for a playoff system in college football. Opened a keynote presentation I'm working on - it's for a presentation I'm giving Oct 30. I usually never work that far in advance but I don't really have anything better to do!

Anyway, it's alright, I shouldn't complain about not being busy. It's just weird - especially since there is a lot of stuff going on at home with our landscaping project (we are trying to do some xeriscaping) and the stupid mice. Just wanted to post an update. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Scott Stevens said...

Feel free to link to my blog :)

I have to disagree with the idea of a college football playoff system. While it does give teams a second chance (and I obviously see some merit there this week), I think the fact that a single loss means the end of your championship hopes is pretty cool because it makes every game of the year the most important game you've played. It certainly keeps people watching!

However, I can see the other side too. When you have teams in the Big 12 and SEC inevitably lose a game because they have such an impossible schedule, it only seems fair that they get a shot at the title against the undefeated schools that are only undefeated because they play a fairy schedule...