Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sun Devil's Revenge

Last weekend Georgia soundly defeated Arizona State in the arid, hot desert. After the game, I added my two cents and kicked a picture of the Sun Devil, Sparky. Ever since then, the little nymph has been out to get me and the entire Bulldog nation, and I have proof.



First I got a fever that got up to 101.6 last Friday. It felt like there was fire in my blood. It was Sparky. The fever came with a bad headache and aches and pains throughout my body. It sucked. It also induced some pretty strange dreams, and the fact that I dreamed about a Gator is further proof that the Sun Devil was at work.

In my dream, I was at David and Julia's wedding (which actually took place almost 3 years ago) and Tim Tebow was there. Yuck. I asked him what he was doing there and he said that some of his gang friends were friends with David. I don't know which was more shocking - the fact that my brother (a very good person) was in a gang or that Tebow (who ... well where should I start ... he's found a cure for cancer, captured Bin Laden, worked as a missionary, and won the Heismann ... when he does a push-up, he doesn't push up the earth goes down ... yada yada yada) was in a gang. Anyway, as I pondered this he ran off with a butter knife.

Saturday started out okay. UGA VII is the cutest damn dog I've ever seen. And Corso picked 'Bama, so that seemed good. And, I got to see the quad where I spent two years of my life on College Gameday. But, some strange things happened too. I realized I have no idea what a Hoosier is but maybe it has something to do with cow milkers based on the motions of the fans at the Indiana game on TV.

Sparky's revenge was most evident during the Georgia-Bama game. I don't need to say much else other than there was obviously some dark, evil powers at work during the first half because the Dawgs did not look like their usual selves.

Today Sparky decided he wasn't done with me. I was still feeling a little sick but decided to go to our softball game. Rachel played defense so I could sit out but still get to bat. The game was kind of crazy (starting with the ump being 15 minutes late), and in the 6th inning I got a hit into short right field. I must have been possessed because for some reason, when the right fielder bobbled the ball, I decided to run to second. I was out by a mile, but still felt the need to slide, leaving behind half the skin on the front of my left leg in the process. Ouch.

And now, I am clearly delirious, blaming all these things on a non-existent devil ... or is he???

Anyway, if I had the chance, I'd kick him again! Go Dawgs!

No comments: