Monday, December 28, 2009

The lazy beast within

Christmas was very nice for Chris and I. We have been so busy lately between work and Liberia preparations that we needed a few days off. I missed being with my family but the quiet time at home was wonderful. We had our friends Mollie and Rob over on Christmas Eve. Kelty, their 2-year-old, kept our cats in line, and Keen, their tiny 1-mo-old just lay there and snorted every now and then. We had some good laughs and it was nice to share the holiday with friends.

We went to church at 11 PM and Christmas day we slept in (the theme of the weekend). Chris gave me some great books I'm looking forward to reading (3 cups of tea, in defense of food, and a slow-cooker cookbook!) and some funny presents. He was simply delighted by the UGA snuggie I bought him (haha). Personally I think it is great for those sub-zero nights we've been having, even if it's not as stylish as the leapord-print snuggies. I stayed in my pajamas all day on Christmas, a feat I have not accomplished in ages. It was great! I even got started on my masterpiece paint-by-numbers (further proof of my inner 80-year-old).

This morning was painful though, and after 4 days of sleeping past 9:00, I realized just how lazy I am deep down. Somehow, I surpress the laziness through early morning workouts and my caffeine addiction, but letting the lazy beast out for a few days made it even harder to fight back today. I lead a pretty active lifestyle and sometimes compare myself to some amatuer triathletes or cyclists, but in this respect I am so different from the super driven athletes. When given the chance, I LOVE to slack off! It just makes me wonder how long I can keep up this act.

Luckily, although it was difficult to get to, I really enjoyed my 6:30 AM body pump class, so I have some hope for returning to a productive human being. Then again, it's 1 PM and I am blogging instead of working, sooooo ...... yeah.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I *love* paint-by-numbers. :)

Rachel said...

Don't worry ... I will always be lazier than you are ... just compare yourself to me every once in a while and you will feel better :)