Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Beautiful Weekend

I had a wonderful wonderful time in Georgia last weekend! My only complaint is lack of sleep and a few blisters on my feet from trying to walk around downtown Atlanta in heels. I was in town for Tiffany’s wedding but got to see a lot of other people too. Friday night I went to the Cheesecake Factory with Tricia, Jennifer, Kenneth, Erin, and Brandon. It was really nice that it worked out for Jennifer and I to both be in town. I stayed with Laurie and Stuart Friday and Saturday night at the Georgia Tech Conference Center (boo). Margaret met up with Laurie and I as we got ready, it was a fun day. The wedding was at 5:00 and was gorgeous! The sermon was also really good, probably one of the best wedding sermons I’ve ever heard. He went through the vows line by line and talked about what each of them means.

The reception was at the Biltmore in downtown Atlanta and was very very nice. We had a
great time. Margaret tore it up on the dance floor. My old college roommate Jaymee was there too and she is pregnant! She has a cute little bump showing (which Tiffany called the “Baysden Bump” after Jaymee's last name). After the reception, Margaret, Laurie, Stuart and I went to the Hilton, one of the main hotels that Dragoncon takes place in. As Stuart so eloquently put it, “it’s like the Olympics for nerds” (of course i am a nerd, too, just in a different way ;). We had a drink and did a lot of people watching. There were lots of interesting costumes.

Sunday I had dinner with my mom, Jim, aunt and uncle. We had a really good time and of course Jim went all out for the dinner. It was delicious! After dinner I met up with Jennifer, Kenneth and their friend from Auburn, Dusty. We had a good time for a few hours, until I was so exhausted I just had to call it a night. Like I said, it was a wonderful weekend!

I got back to Colorado at noon Monday and was happy to be home. Monday, Rachel, Chris and I bought season passes for snowboarding this winter. I am very excited about that, especially since I only went once last year and he didn’t go at all. And taking a few days off to go snowboarding mid-week will fit in very nicely with my plans to slow down and enjoy the rest of 2008! :) That's it, thanks for reading!

Me, Erin, Tricia, and Jennifer representing for PiHi class of '98!

Tricia's pregnant!!

This is what I get for living in Rutherford Hall my freshman year at UGA - 4 great friends (not to mention a husband thanks to Laurie!:) Margaret, me, the beautiful bride, Jaymee, and Laurie

Tiffany and Greg cut their beautiful (and delicious) wedding cake

We had to show our disdain for the rambling wreck (to hell with Georgia Tech!)

A sad sign at the Georgia Tech Convention Center

No comments: