Thursday, September 25, 2008

MOAB - slickrock fights back



Sunday morning we headed out for the infamous Slickrock Trail. Last time we were out here, my nerves were completely fried and I couldn't ride more than a couple of miles of this trail. It is serious! Lots of very steep up and downs. And it starts out tough, there is no warm-up. This year was much better for me, although you can see from the picture above that Chris had a little run-in with the Navajo Foundation. He fell over going up one of the very steep sections. Luckily I was behind him, so he ran into me instead of sliding all the way down the hill. Other than that, it was a super ride. Again, amazing views and fun (and slightly unnerving) riding.




As a side note, I had somewhere around 70 ounces of water - and I wish I'd had more. We were riding from 11:00 until about 1:30 and it was pretty hot when we got done.

After that, we lounged around a park on the Colorado River, repacked the car, and ate lunch. We thought about riding again that evening but were pretty exhausted. Instead we tried out the beer at Eddie McStiff's brewery. We were very unimpressed, and we had to sit in a "Beer Den" since we weren't ordering any food. However, I did get a pint of heaven in a cup - Polygamy Porter. Funny name, I know, but it is a really good porter. It is in my top two (along with the Kona coffee porter). We went back to Moab Brewery for dinner again - yum!

No comments: