Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Things I've been up to...

Here's a summary of the last 10 days...

Last Sunday - My first powder day!!! :)

8 inches overnight at Copper and we were first chair thanks to my friend Nick T letting us stay at his place in Breckenridge. Riding in powder is amazing but kind of hard. Then Nick P and I headed to San Francisco for the American Geophysical Union conference.



Monday-Friday - conferencing, which wasn't as much fun as usual because I got sick on Tuesday and stayed that way until Friday morning. My poster was on Thursday and it went fine, that was the only thing I did all day other than sleep and watch TV. I was hoping for inspiration on my PhD topic at the conference but don't think I found it. Also, I was really disappointed to be too sick to do my big run. Although I did do about 4 miles partly along the bay Wednesday morning. That was nice but maybe not a great idea considering my sickness.

Saturday - flew home, but gave up my seat on the early flight for a $400 voucher with Frontier :) I also have enough frequent flier miles with them for a one-way ticket, so Chris and I are pretty much set for a free trip somewhere next year!

Sunday - laundry, church, shopping, laundry, packing, presents with Chris, and watching Christmas Vacation

Monday - back to the airport to fly home! My mom, brother (David), and sister-in-law (Julia) picked me up at the Atlanta airport and we headed straight to my aunt's house for some mexican train and homemade eggnog.

Today - lunch with Tricia and her 3 month old baby (cute!). Grocery shopping with mom (for 15 people, it took 2 hours). Dinner with David, Julia, and cousin Adam, and dessert at the Varsity. David noted that times have changed when there is a whole room in the varsity and it's only white people, and there's Fox news on an LCD flat screen TV. But the onion rings are still good! Stopped on the way home for pictures of some humping reindeer. Ended the night with the Dark Knight, what a good movie.



Tomorrow's Christmas Eve! Maybe I'll feel good enough for a run. And, Chris gets to town, yay, I get to see my husband again! :) Goodnight!

No comments: