Thursday, January 7, 2010

A strange year coming up!

For the last few years, by this time of year I am either into my cycling base training or getting ready to start a triathlon training plan. I am extremely goal oriented and have become hooked to this lifestyle of training and racing. But this year is different, for a few reasons ...
1. I need something different. I did a lot of base training last year, and it gets boring going the same, slow speed all the time.
2. I'll be in Liberia 2 weeks and won't workout at all, so what's the point in ramping up the fitness until after then?
3. I have no idea what races I will do this year because of the B-word, which Chris and I have been talking about lately. I would hate to register for and invest my time in training for a race and then not do it because I'm the P-word. Then again, Chris also brought up how much he wants to travel still this morning, so maybe we will just never have the C-word. And just because we might start trying to get P-word (which won't happen until after Liberia, at the earliest) doesn't mean it will actually happen any time soon.

So this is strange for me, and I am at a loss for what to do or how to motivate myself to workout when I have no idea what it's for. So for now I am just living in denial and daydreaming about how I'm going to get faster this year.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

hmm ... I think that getting to hang out with me at 6:30 AM would be motivation enough for working out :)

See you tomorrow morning!

Kate T-C said...

Oooo, the next time I see you I am totally going to hug you. I feel the exact same way about climbing right now, and it's driving me crazy. One of my favorite things to do in the winter is read about training for climbing, and plan out all of the awesome routes and rocks we're going to try and tackle this year. Except, well, we won't if we get the P-word. So, what's the point? It's super frustrating.

Anna said...

Haha, I'm so glad you can sympathize. Last night I talked to some friends about pregnancy and labor, and decided maybe we should just adopt!! ;)