Saturday, January 16, 2010

YIKES!!!

We leave for Liberia in just a few days. My bags are packed and I'm physically ready to go, but emotionally and mentally I feel far from ready! I talked to Sarah Jane today about it and she said she thinks she just needs to be there so she can stop worrying about it. I think I might agree with her.

My conference in San Diego went well. I loved the area, and for the first time in a few years I can say that I could see myself living somewhere in California! My favorite part of the conference was when we brought up policy or ethical issues. It's not really related to my research but personally is the most interesting part of what I do. On one hand, I enjoy being a part of a field that is very relevant to society right now, but on the other hand I don't want to get wrapped up in the policy side of things because that is way beyond my area of expertise!

Anyway, I'm just stopping in between packing and cleaning. It is sooo nice to be home, I kind of wish I could be here a little longer before heading out again.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I can't imagine how one emotionally prepares for a trip like that. Be safe, I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.