Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back to School

To anyone who thinks nothing good can come from blogging, I would like to say that after my post yesterday, I was motivated to get up bright and early this morning and call Christine in Liberia. It was great to talk to her, and the rest of the morning I was back to thinking about how much I just want to go back to Liberia (as hard as it was while we were there).

She said that Alfred has been registered for his classes and will start this week! Yay! She and Luther (her husband) went to Alfred's house a couple of times to speak with his father, but both times Jerome wasn't there. Apparently he was with one of his daughters, but I don't know for how long. I hope everything is okay there. The good news is that she is going to ask if it's alright for Alfred to come to the Transformation International house on the weekends to hang out with the boys there. I think that will be so good for him and fun, too, so that was exciting to hear. I'm so happy about how much they are reaching out to him.

Chris told me nice work on getting him to school but I have done basically no work on this. I just got suckered in by a little boy's smile, listened to a little nudging from God and then gave some very busy people more work to do. But it's great to hear that it is working out so far, and Christine said Alfred was very excited about going back to school.

I want to send all the kids who live in Alfred's house to school. I know some of my friends would help since it is so cheap but can make such a difference. Which is why I need to go back to Liberia, so I can set this up. (haha, now I'm daydreaming) :)

No comments: