Sunday, April 17, 2011

Growing baby, growing belly

Well, it's been a while again! Between fixing up our kitchen, trying to make progress on my dissertation, and getting ready for the baby we have been very busy! But I thought it was worth posting a few updates. I'm now at 29 weeks - in the third trimester! I can't believe I am so far along now. Our baby will be here in less than three months - crazy! She is moving around a lot. One of my coworkers commented that I had been making a lot of funny faces lately and I said it was because I'm constantly being kicked from the inside. :) It can be distracting while I try to work but I really love feeling her move. Now that she moves around so much, Chris and I are really looking forward to meeting her and seeing what she looks like when she does all this squirming. Everything is progressing well with the pregnancy. At the doctor appointments, they measure my uterus (from the outside!) to see if she is on track with her growth. At my 24 week appointment, I was 1 inch too small, but last week at 28 weeks I was 1 inch too big! So hopefully that means she is growing well :)

Anyway, here are some pictures from the last few weeks ...

After spending several weekends in a row doing work in the kitchen, we enjoyed a nice hike on a trail near our house. We're lucky to live so close to some really nice trails.

Chris was impressed how the curves of the road below matched my belly. This was at 25 weeks.Last weekend we took a mini-vacation to Colorado National Monument, on the west side of the state. It was very scenic and we went on a few really nice hikes. Camping with a belly was challenging at times, but well worth the effort to spend some time outside and with Chris. Now can you tell I'm getting bigger?? :) This is about 28 weeks

Here I am without the jacket but still looking large and in charge.

We were expecting warm temperatures, but it was actually really windy and cold, and snowed on us a couple of times. The last night we were there, it was kind of warm enough to sit on the rocks near our campsite and enjoy the views. We had a great view!

On the way back to Ft. Collins we stopped in Glenwood Canyon and hiked to Hanging Lake. It was gorgeous! It doesn't look like anything you would expect to see in Colorado - with blue-green water and moss-draped waterfalls.


The hike to the lake was VERY steep and snowy at the top. I was nervous about slipping in the snow, so I sat on Chris' raincoat and slid down the trail. It was quite the sight, I'm sure, but really fun. I think I've discovered a new way to "hike" :)

No comments: