Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Silver Lining

Just when I am feeling super tired or worn out, something will bring a smile to my face. Either that, or I will give up and take a nap! For instance, one night last week, as I was feeding Emmaline, she reared her head back and let forth a massive projectile vomit all over me and her. It was EVERYWHERE!!! I called Chris into our room to help me clean up, I didn't want to move her for fear of making it worse. So he was dabbing spit up out of her nose and telling her what a mess she was. I was deciding where to start on me - with the spit up on my shirt, in my bra, or on my arm. And then (most likely on accident) Emmaline smiled at Chris! And then we were all smiling and having a ball. Who knew I could be so happy while covered in spit up??

As promised, here are some pictures. Thanks for stopping by!
My aunt and uncle sent Emmaline some Braves clothes, so she wore them while we were watching the Braves and Rockies play a couple of weekends ago. Interestingly I went into labor while we were watching the Braves and Rockies ... not sure who she will grow up to cheer for!

Emmaline hanging out on my lap a couple of weekends ago. I took a bunch of pictures of all of her faces, this is one of my favorites.

Last week she put on this pretty dress I bought her.

Chris' parents gave Emmaline a bath last weekend and she hated it less than usual. They enjoyed loving on her while they were here, and she loved the attention!

We went on a tour at New Belgium (yes, E came too!) with Chris' parents. I had a little bit of beer and Emmaline didn't seem to mind - woohoo!

Chris and I took Emmaline on her first hike at the Caribou open space near Nederland. The wildflowers were amazing, some of the best I've ever seen in Colorado!


Chris got a freelance job that required scouting out a location with 360 degree views, so we spent Saturday afternoon driving along the Peak to Peak Highway. We stopped to feed Emmaline at this scenic vista.

3 comments:

Pat Lamb said...

You will be amazed at what you will find to smile at as a parent. And sometimes it will be hard to hide the smile when they do something cute that they shouldn't do.
And she will be amazed at the big, beautiful world that you and Chris already are introducing her to. From baseball to brewery to wild flowers. Hmmmmm!!!

Amy said...

I'm glad Nora isn't the only baby that hates baths.
:) E is such a cutie! I'll try to email you about reflux soon, but it might be a few days as we're on vacation

Tiffany said...

Gracious, Anna, she's so precious! I am glad I'm not the only one covered in spit up and snapping pictures of funny faces! I just love reading your blog and hearing about you and Chris and Emmaline! You've inspired me to try to make my own.