Sunday, January 27, 2008

Is Christmas over yet?

Well my first two days as a bachelorette have been pretty good, although I definitely miss Chris. Friday night I went to Rachel's for a wine and cheese party and had a lot of delicious stuff. I ended up staying there until after 3 AM talking to Rachel and Laura - that is an epic night for me since I'm usually in bed by 11. It was really nice!

Saturday the weather was unbelievably beautiful - clear, slight breeze, and about 50. So I decided to ride 1 mile for every degree. Well, that was not my intention but I did end up riding 53.5 miles. This was a pretty long ride for me, I haven't done more than about 30 since Sept. It felt nice but I was exhausted the rest of the day!

Today has been nice, as well. I went to church and then Rachel and I made blueberry pancakes - yum! Then I came home and cleaned the kitchen. It was so messy that this took almost 2 hours but I am really happy for it to be clean. I really like sitting at the table in the morning to relax. Oh, one plus of Chris being gone is I can throw things away ... like our dead basil and other flowering plant. Sorry my love! They are now outside, not on the counter shedding dead leaves all over the place.

Anyway, then I went swimming. I was going to do a long run but my legs are tired from the ride. The swim was not easy though, I did 10 100's on an interval that was pretty challenging for me. Now I am even more tired!!

Tonight I had my women's Bible study and it was really nice. We talked about busyness, and the importance of not letting all the clutter of life get in the way of being a good person. Here are a few verses I really like and will try to keep in mind this week - "When God gives anyone wealth and possessions, and enables her to enjoy them, to accept her lot and be happy in her work - this is a gift of God. She seldom reflects on the days of her life, because God keeps her occupied with gladness of heart." (Ecclesiastes 5:20) Nice!

I now have a very exciting task ahead of me, although I should "be happy in my work" and not complain. Time to take down the Christmas tree! Ugh.

Thanks for reading and I hope this week you are occupied with gladness of heart!

1 comment:

Pat Lamb said...

Glad you are carrying on the Biagi tradition of enjoying Christmas for as long as possible! Others may call it procrastinating, but I like to say I enjoy the Christmas decorations so much that my house will be blah without them.....We still have a raindeer and tree on our front lawn!