Thursday, January 24, 2008

Some Like it Hot

Chris is leaving for Nigeria tomorrow!! I can't believe he is going to Africa! Well I am really excited for him. It will be kind of sad for him to be gone. I will try not to mope too much. Instead, I should use the extra time as a gift - get some work done and focus on my base training.

Last night I decided to make him some cookies to take for the journey. They will be traveling for more than a day, and I figured it would be a nice treat for him and the rest of the group. Well, maybe I went a little overboard with the cookies. I baked from about 8:00 until after midnight (including an emergency trip to King Soopers for more flour, sugar, and butter). We probably have more than 150 cookies now. So let me know if you want some. :)

I went to a yoga class this morning with my friend Nick, from the cycling team. I woke up at 5:20 ... yikes!! But the class was really good. It was a 'hot' yoga class, meaning they have the heat on in the room. I sweat like crazy! I have never sweat so much while basically standing still (although I admit I was standing in several awkward positions) - not even in Georgia! I will probably go some more because this place has free 6 AM yoga classes until March something. It is called Core Power Yoga if you live in town and want to check it out.

Today will be a busy day. I rode my bike to work and it wasn't too bad even though it was only about 12 degrees. I am about to get started on work. At 11:00 some of my friends/fellow caffeine addicts are coming by my office for a coffee break (of course we will be eating cookies!). Then at 2:00 Mollie and I are going for a run. Then I need to work some more, and then hang out with Chris one last night. Don't go Chris!! Just kidding ... I'm sure the cats will keep me company and then I can truly be a crazy cat lady.

Thanks for reading and have a great day! :)

PS I just thought of two other things ...
1. I love it when random people stop by to read this - thanks for your comments Jon and good luck with the Half-Ironman!!
2. I just saw the date and remembered my Dad's birthday is today. He passed away 4 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long!), and I still miss him, but today is a good day to celebrate his life. So - happy birthday Dad!

1 comment:

Pete said...

ummm... is there anyway I can get in on this cookie action?