Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back to "normal"

Well Chris is back and finally healthy again. He was really sick last week and so I didn't really have time to blog - between all the usual busyness of life plus taking care of him. I am really glad he is better because I was a little worried, and now we have finally been able to start talking about his trip. I think I will be hearing stories for a long time as he thinks of or remembers them, and I'm looking forward to it!

Life for me has been good since I decided I'm not going to work too much. Working 40 hours a week is just right! We had a really nice weekend. Friday night was our friend, Jeramy's birthday, so we went out to dinner. I was exhausted though from getting up at 5:15 two mornings in a row to train, so we didn't stay long. Saturday was a nice day, and I went on a 40 mile bike ride with Jeramy and Kim. We are getting more and more nice days, and I am starting to get that "all I want to do is ride my bike" feeling. It's nice! Saturday night Chris and I saw I am Legend with Jeramy and Christine. It was CREEPY!!! Sunday Rob and Mollie's baby, Kelty, was baptized, and then we went to their house for brunch. I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning and went on a short run, so it was a good, productive day!

Sunday night Chris and I saw a free movie at the CSU student center called "The Devil Came on Horseback." If you ever have a chance to see it, I would highly recommend it, even though it was really hard to watch. It is about a marine who went to Sudan to monitor the cease fire, but ended up working in Darfur. There the Sudanese government is basically funding/training these soldiers (the Janjaweeb - or devil on horseback) to kill the African villagers in Darfur. Since 2003, 400,000 people have been killed and 2.5 million have been displaced. He wasn't there with any kind of weapon and so he couldn't do anything about all of the violence he saw, but he had a camera and took a ton of pictures, some of them really graphic. Now he's trying to raise awareness and do something about the genocide. So I need to do something, too, because I don't think you can just watch something like that and be like, "Man that sucks ... oh well, life is good in America." It is really terrible.

Anyway, that is a morbid way to end the blog. But overall it was a good weekend. And now it is already Tuesday - woohoo! I think that's enough for now. Thanks for reading. :)

2 comments:

mtb05girl said...

Hey Anna!
Yes, working at Peloton has been fun so far! It's a great atmosphere. I'm hoping to move up to the FoCo store when it opens so I don't have to drive as much though. How are things going with you??

Rachel said...

why are you getting up at 5:15 to train ... what are you doing that early in the morning.

on a slightly more random note ... the "i" key on my laptop is not really being cooperative.