Friday, February 8, 2008

Running away from home - Part 2

Wednesday morning I woke up and was immediately so excited about snowboarding!! I had breakfast at a great little place in Winter Park called the Mountain Rose (sausage - yum!), and then got to the Mary Jane parking lot around 9:00. It was almost empty! I bought my lift ticket and hopped on the Super Gauge lift ... I was so pumped up I just couldn't stop smiling. It had snowed about 6 inches two days before and there was still lots of fluffy stuff for me to play in. I was a little worried about my first run because it had been about 11 months since I last snowboarded, but it came back very quickly. By my second run I was searching out some moguls to test myself on.

I had a great time on the bumps! They were mostly forgiving because of all the snow. I spent most of the day on blue/blacks and blacks - a big feat for me! It just felt so good to glide through the powder! It was exhausting though, I had to stop 2 or 3 times on each run to catch my breath. But it was okay because a lot of the time I was the only one around. Amazing!!

The only thing missing was Chris. Going by myself was nice because I could do whatever I wanted, but I think snowboarding is more fun with someone else. It's great to get to the bottom of a run and be like "Did you see that fall?" or "wow, that was awesome!" or "motherhuckin!" (just kidding). I really hope we can go up one weekend!! Speaking of Chris, he gets back tonight and I can't wait to see him!

Anyway, I rode until about 3:30, when my legs just couldn't take anymore. I was exhausted but supremely happy. What a wonderful adventure, and what a blessing to be able to enjoy it! Oh, and now I have the bug again ... snowboarding is the best!! :)

No comments: