Thursday, April 3, 2008

Manaus Here I Come!

Yep I got the funding to go to Brazil in July!! Wow, I am so excited! It will be so cool to ... go to South America, be in the Southern Hemisphere, see the rainforest!!! However, my excitement to show off my results has somewhat transformed to slight stress about actually having decent results to show. I have half of my model runs done and they are not quite what I was expecting. I wanted these results to really suck, so that in comparison the 'new and improved' model would look incredible. But my 'control' run of results are actually OK. Oh well, I am anxious to see the other results, which should be done around Saturday.

Other than that it's been a good, but busy week. Tuesday night I had a softball game (my team is the Snow Eaters and we are all atmos nerds (and one atmos nerd's wife)). It's a lot of fun. We won our game 23-4! I was terrible offensively - only 1 for 5 and one inning I even got out twice. Now that takes skill! Oh well. Rachel had a really good game, she has improved a lot since we first started playing 3 years ago.

Chris and I have been trying to squeeze in working on our respective Africa projects. My cookbook is coming along, I've put together about 20 recipes! Now I just have to make it all look nice, and I also want to try a few of the recipes to make sure I'm explaining the directions correctly. It's a big sacrifice for me to have to cook and eat new and interesting dishes, but I guess I can handle it. ;)

Today however has been extremely unproductive, yet enjoyable. I overslept until 8:00 and didn't get to work until 9:30. Then at 11:00 we had our coffee group. Then at 1:00 I went to the Matthews House. I am about to go to a seminar from 3:30-4:30, and then I'm going to Happy Hour with some friends (Rachel's idea - another big sacrifice for me, I am so generous). Haha. Oh well, there's always tomorrow to get work done! BYE.

No comments: