Thursday, March 12, 2009

maybe ...

It is possible that I am days away from running my global model. I don't want to get too excited, but I've found a few bugs and it just ran for a few hours without crashing. So, maybe I can start looking at results when I get back from CC! That would be so great!! Why is this so exciting?

Well first I got the code in December, then went out of town for a month, and since then have been debugging. Second, this is getting me closer to coming up with ideas for the PhD and could be a part of my PhD research. Third, the model will probably take about a month to run so the sooner it gets going, the better!

Fourth, earlier today I realized the sun was not turned on in my model. Yes, I was trying to simulate present climate with no sunlight. Blasting the sun out of the sky is an obvious way to halt global warming, and now I have proof. However, it is not a good way to get a PhD. Luckily it wasn't too hard to fix.

I'm waiting for it to compile right now (story of my life lately). This is good stuff, especially since I felt like giving up altogether about a week ago.

No comments: