Sunday, March 22, 2009

welcome to the Springs

I am at Colorado College, getting ready to teach an undergraduate course on climate change tomorrow! I feel a combination of feeling like I have a million things to do before tomorrow, and feeling like I could go to bed in two hours and be fine. My apartment is decent - one bedroom with a double bed and a nice view of Pikes Peak, one bathroom with a sloping wall that makes me glad I am only 5'4", a small kitchen and a decent sized living room with some comfy couches. I am on the third floor of a pretty old building. It is really windy outside and kind of drafty in here (I just lit a candle and the match burned up almost immediately). Luckily it was in the 70's earlier today so I'm not worried about getting cold tonight. But if it is this windy all night, I might not sleep very well.

I will be getting free food while I am here, but I might eat a lot at this taco place called Monicas. I had a huge burrito there a few hours ago and it was only $3.80 and muy delicioso. Anywho, I am working on a lab and just wanted to say I arrived safely and am anxious to get started!

No comments: