Thursday, March 26, 2009

Weak Sauce

Tonight has sucked butt. I don't mind all the work of this teaching thing, but I really hate just being a visitor here. I should say first, I am enjoying teaching. So far, that part of this gig has been really enjoyable. But sitting around this apartment by myself is getting old, and this is only the 4th day of class. I worked a lot last summer, and it wasn't fun, but at least I had my friends around to talk to and make me laugh. And I got to eat dinner with Chris instead of with ... well, me. I went on a run yesterday and Tuesday, but other than that the only purpose of my life right now is to work and it feels lame.

Tonight my mood is definitely being effected by the weather. It's been snowing, really windy and below freezing all day. Many of the college facilities shut down around noon. And being outside is a completely miserable experience. The roads are awful, from here to Fort Collins, and it is supposed to keep snowing through tomorrow, so I might not even get to go home tomorrow night because it might be too dangerous.

Here are other things that are bothering me:
The stupid dining hall (the only open food place in walking distance today) closes at 7:00 (all the time, not just because of weather). When you work through lunch time and don't eat until 3:30, dinner at 6:30 is too early.

I wanted to bake some cookies earlier, because they taste and smell good. I thought it would make my apartment feel happier. But my oven smelled funny when I turned it on, so I resorted to eating some dough.

I brought a bottle of wine from home, but guess what, no corkscrew. So I tried opening the bottle with a knife. Well, big surprise, that didn't work. I got really annoyed with it and just wanted to open the darned thing, so finally pried the cork out. I got wine all over the place and then realized I felt like a huge wino. So I poured out the wine, then I was sad because that bottle cost me $7. But at least I got the stupid thing open. Take that bottle!

I made an awesome dinner consisting of spinach, sauce, and pasta. Wow. Amazing huh.

I can't watch heroes because the internet here is not good.

I guess I should stop whining and get back to work. Probably working till midnight every night is not helping my mood too.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Anna!!! I am sorry things were soo crappy for you last night, I completely understand how lonely/lame it is to spend every night at home working and eating dinner alone!! At least you are home this weekend :) ... you are not making me excited about spending three weeks down in colorado springs, I am not sure how, given my current emotional state I am going to handle things down there in a few weeks, sad :(

call me anytime you need to vent/chat!