Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We made it!

I'm back from Alaska, and it is slowly sinking in how amazing last week was. During the trip, I was preoccupied by trying to avoid the following: getting lost, falling down cliffs, surprising a bear, and cow parsnip slaps to the face (AK's version of poison ivy). It turns out that hiking 4 out of 7 days without a trail in Alaska is difficult! But well worth it when you don't run into another person for four days. I was constantly in awe of the scenery but in an "oh, I should look up for a moment and appreciate how freaking awesome this is" kind of way, but rarely had time to just sit and take it all in. Occasionally my awe turned into, "what the crap, we're supposed to go over/through that??"
Now that I have had a few days to appreciate showers, dry clothes, and food, I wish we were still on the trail. Chris took 700 pictures, and we narrowed those down to 200 last night. One of my priorities in the next few days will be to post just a few of these and share some more of our adventures. So check back later!

No comments: