Thursday, November 12, 2009

3 reasons to be happy

1. This morning on the way to work I had a tailwind (yipee) and one of my favorite songs came on my shuffle, "These are the days" by Keith Urban (the song at the end of the 'be here' CD). I love the words so I thought I'd share. (I also love the guitar and his voice too ;)
My grandmama was a wise old soul
took me by the hand not long ago
Said, son what's your hurry, boy slow it down
taste the wild honey, listen to the sound
of the wind that's blowing through the trees
rivers flowing to the sea
yeah they're all heading home just like you and me
life's for living, child can't you see
that these are the days we will remember
these are the times that won't come again
the highest of flames becomes an ember
and you've gotta live it while you can ...

2. I went to an interesting event last night called Ignite Fort Collins. There were quick 5 minute presentations from everything from building your own bike, to being a tomboy, to chasing your dreams. Somewhere in there was a quote I've always liked from Henry Ford: "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right!" I think this is true & a good reason to have a positive attitude.

3. The Dawgs play Auburn this weekend! This is always a fun game, especially if you are there. It's the Souths oldest rivalry but also a great excuse for friends from both schools to get together and live it up for the weekend. I have several great memories of traveling to this game and hosting friends in Athens. :) Go Dawgs!

(This is an infamous picture of Uga attacking an Auburn player during the 97 game.)

No comments: