Monday, November 9, 2009

Brain Overload

Today has been admittedly unproductive. But seriously, you try getting some work done when all you can think about is ...
- Planning a logical and safe way to drive back to Georgia by yourself.
- Also planning how you will get enough work done while driving and visiting friends to justify taking time off (here kicks in grad student guilt complex).
- Wondering if it's worth thousands of dollars to travel to Liberia to help construct a facility that will manufacture and distribute peanut butter to malnourished kids.
- Feeling guilty for just thinking about taking another 2 weeks off for this trip!
- Missing a best friend who you haven't seen in 2 years and probably won't see or talk to again for who knows how long (another year, 3 years??)
- Wondering what else God has up his sleeves for you in the next 6 months ...

I guess it's not much unusual - just life - but I've been in one of those moods today when I just would rather sit and think and talk about all this than do any work. Hence my blogging at 10 PM when I am supposed to be working on a paper revision!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I don't think you should feel guilty for taking off 2 weeks if its for such a good cause like that. And peanut butter is pretty awesome.

Anna said...

I almost feel like it's worth it just because of the peanut butter :)