Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm going to Liberia

The craziness never ends in the Harper household. Just as the dust is settling from one trip, we up and decide to go on another. In truth, going to Liberia will be much more than a vacation, and will gobble up the majority of our time off for 2010, but I think it will be worth it. I think it will be good for me, it's been 4 years since I went to Gulfport to help with hurricane relief, and that trip was inspiring and humbling at the same time. This will be Gulfport multiplied by 1000 since I have probably never seen anything like what we'll see in Monrovia. The trip will be great for Chris because he'll be able to use his talents at videography to help this project get off the ground and continue. And, I am very happy that we are both going, because I think it will be good for us as a couple.

Here is a news story about Plumpy Nut, which is basically peanut butter with some extra nutrients to help feed malnourished kids. According to what I've learned so far, this simple food can save lives, and is easily produced in countries like Liberia where peanuts are easily grown. So it is also a self-sustaining business. I'm sure I'll have more to say later.


View Larger Map

No comments: