Saturday, March 22, 2008

Getting my butt kicked

Today I raced in the UNC (Univ. of Northern Colorado) crit out near Greeley (cow-town). It did not go so well for me, but I'm okay with that, considering I've mostly just been doing base training. For sure I got a really good workout, because I was off the back pretty much the whole race and it was pretty windy. So I tried to keep up a good pace and treat it like a time trial. Probably not worth the $30, although I do think it was worth it to see just where I am fitness wise. Crits will be a little better for me after I've done a bit more intensity training in a month or so. Plus this was a Women's open race, and I'm not competitive with the 1's and 2's (fast people), even in the best of shape. Anyway, just training and not racing can get pretty boring, so it was good to have a change of pace (literally). And I got to see the collegiate A's races and visit with some people, so that was nice too.

I wanted to get some work done tonight but have been busy around the house and running errands instead. Plus I am exhausted! Chris and I watched most of a Rockies spring training game, I'm so glad baseball season is about to start! Chris and I are going to 2 Rockies-Braves games in a few weeks, that will be a lot of fun.

It's been nice to hang out a bit tonight and last night. I was really tired from the past week for some reason. I didn't even have any really early mornings, but I still just felt worn done by the end of the day yesterday. Also, I'm usually a pretty happy-go-lucky person, but I was pretty moody last week. Particularly my research was really ticking me off. So hopefully that's over, and some rest this weekend will probably help!

Speaking of rest, I was thinking of getting up around 6 tomorrow morning to run for 90 minutes before church - haha! I am crazy, I realized this. But it is snowing so I'm not so sure about the early morning jaunt. We'll see. Good night!

No comments: