Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Ride

Today I went on a long ride with Kim. This is my big Spring Break '08 plans - a four hour bike ride - party! We were going to ride up the Poudre and through Stove Prairie/Masonville, but NOAA was forecasting gusts up to 46 mph up that way, so we decided to stick to the plains.


A pro/con of going on long rides early in the morning is having to wake up before sunrise so I can eat a good breakfast. This is my backyard as the sun's coming up.


Riding south toward Windsor with Longs Peak and other amazing mountains on the horizon.


Happy to be riding.


Cows in a stream between Windsor and Johnstown - yep, we are in the sticks.


Between Johnstown and I-25 there is this picturesque church with the mountains behind it.


On the Spring Creek Trail in the Fort, almost home!

So all in all, the ride was about 62 miles and took 4 hours. Maybe would have been quicker but the wind really picked up after noon. I was hoping to do a crit on Saturday, but we'll see how my legs feel because I am also wanting to swim and run tomorrow (I have been really slacking on the running this week). Yay for living in Colorado!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You are crazy! I should be working, but I like reading blogs more!