Monday, November 10, 2008

Getting ready to go

Well, I leave for Brazil in just a few days! There have been a lot of things to take care of in preparation. I guess if I ever get to the point where I frequently travel internationally for work, maybe it won't be such a hassle each time. Plus, CSU has some obnoxious rules for students. I had to fill out this travel packet with all of my information. I had to make copies of documents, get signatures proving I visited a travel nurse, give them my flight information, and watch a short video with mostly things that I already know or are irrelevant (ie: Don't get in a car driven by someone I don't know ... and don't binge drink just because I'm in a country with a drinking age less than 21). It's probably nice for younger undergraduates who have never traveled abroad before, but as a 28-year-old who's lived abroad I was annoyed by the whole process. The one useful thing I got out of it is this website: www.travel.state.gov. It has information about traveling to different countries and you can register at the U.S. Embassy in the country you are traveling to.

I'm in the middle of making some plots, so I'm gonna run. Stay tuned for updates once I start traveling!

1 comment:

Lola said...

Have a great time in Brazil!!