Thursday, November 20, 2008

River Tour - Thoughts before

Well, tomorrow I am going on a cruise/tour of the Meeting of the Waters. I'm going with Amazon Mystery Tours with Jean Claude Comeau. I am the only one on the tour. Finding a tour guide was kind of frustrating to me. There is a lot of mixed reviews of companies out there. If I had several days and Chris was with me, this company's trips would be great (canoeing, rappelling, tree climbing, camping). Anyway, I wanted to find a tour before getting here, but it was too hard to decide with all of the mixed reviews. So, I thought I would probably find people at the conference who also wanted to do tours. Well, there was a company at the conference but it's tours just didn't sound as nice. Maybe it was the guy, he was very short. Jean Claude emailed me pages of options, and when I told this other guy I wanted to do a tour he said, "Ok, you can do this one." That's it. So ... I am doing the expensive option but screw it. This way we do what I want. :)

Anywho, he is picking me up at 7:30 and we are going out to the meeting of the waters (where the Amazon River and Rio Negro converge) and to the January Ecological Park. I think it will be nice.

No comments: