Thursday, November 13, 2008

Next stop, Miami

I'm just hanging out in the Denver Airport. I am really tired but pretty excited! Saying goodbye to Chris this morning sucked. It gets harder the longer we're married, I think. It's crazy that this is the second time this year that we will be apart for more than 10 days. :( Hopefully next year we will do some more traveling together!

There's nothing really exciting to report yet. Although, I must say that traveling for work is really great because of the per diem! I had a ham and cheese sandwich on french toast (with syrup of course) for breakfast with fresh-squeezed OJ. That's the high life. I'm trying to find a good place to get seafood for dinner tonight in Miami.

Last night we went to Coopersmiths with a group of friends. Chris and Matt went to a fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity a while back and Chris won 4 pizzas, 6 pitchers of beer, and 2 hours of pool at Coops. :) Yum! It was nice, there were about 12 of us and we just had to pay the tip, plus everyone threw in a little extra to donate to Habitat. I can handle free food and beer for a good cause. :) Also, our friend Jon was in town and it was really good to see him. He and Kristen were a part of our Bible study for a few months and are great, fun people. They lived in Nigeria at Faith Alive AIDS clinic for about 3 months and now are living in St. Paul. I'm sad they couldn't come back to the Fort permanently!

Also, Mollie and I ran more than 7 miles yesterday. I'm not sure how far, but it took us 1:25. It was great, although my stomach was not very happy. I think it was either the ton of sushi I ate Tuesday night or all of the dairy I had on Wednesday. Either way, it was not good.

I hope that I've remembered everything I need. Traveling so far away by myself is a little nerve-wracking. Whenever I get nervous, I just try to think about something else. Because I'm pretty sure I'm prepared, so worrying will just make the trip less fun. Ooops, I never got travelers insurance. haha. Well I guess I could still buy some tonight. Bye!

No comments: