Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I feel very lucky in life. I have a lot to be thankful for, and despite my griping over the summer about how much work/life sucked - my life is extraordinarily good! Just to be alive and to have friends and family I love should be enough, but on top of that I have a life that I love. Sometimes I can't believe how blessed I am.

Today I've been getting ready for a trip to a yurt near Cameron Pass for turkey day. A yurt is basically a cabin with canvas walls on stilts. This will be my third time to stay in a yurt, it is run through Never Summer Nordic. They are surprisingly warm. I'm

going with Chris, Rachel, Nick, Matt, Jim, Kevin, and Katie. It will be nice - and very interesting to see if we can cook a turkey on a charcoal grill when tomorrow's high is only supposed to be 29! Even if not, we will have more than enough food. Today I made a pumpkin pie and a sweet potato casserole from Paula Dean (so of course it will be decadent!). I also got everything together to make pumpkin pancakes tomorrow morning. The recipe is from a blog I found: http://www.wearenotmartha.com/2008/10/pumpkin-pancakes.html.

I'm looking forward to relaxing with my friends, passing the time with cards, a good book, and some wine, hiking in the beautiful mountains, and of course eating mounds of food. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: