Friday, October 2, 2009

I love fall!

Well the Rockies are going to the playoffs for the second time in two years! Woohoo! The only sad thing is they beat out the Braves for the wild card spot. I was trying not to cheer against the Braves the last few days, but as they say, I had to root for the home team! Chris and I are in the lottery for tickets to the NLCS (& world series), so hopefully they make it past the division playoffs! Going to the game 2 years ago when they beat the Phillies for the division title was a blast, so I really want to go to another postseason game!

It has been really windy the past few days (gusts up to 60 mph), but today started out calm and beautiful! I went for a run on one of my favorite routes and was just so uplifted by how pretty it was. It was very chilly, about 30 degrees, but sunny. I really love the sunshine, it makes everything better. The leaves are changing in the Fort and there is a crispness in the air that makes me happy.

The other wonderful thing about fall is college football! Chris and I have yet to spend an entire Saturday watching games since we've been gone, but tomorrow we will at least get to watch the Dawgs play LS-who. I hope it is a good game. If Georgia can keep the turnovers and penalties down, I think they will hang in there and maybe even give the Tigers a run for their money.

The bad thing about how cold it was last night is that the garden is done. Last night Chris made pasta sauce with tomatoes, kale, and onions from the garden. He added some garlic, sugar, and red wine and it turned out delicious! We picked a lot more tomatoes and a large bag of zucchini, so hopefully we can make some more sauce and bread this weekend. I wouldn't mind having a few loaves of zucchini bread in the freezer this winter, and if I make my grandfather's baked ziti again for Christmas the sauce will come in handy! Anyway, we didn't get to enjoy the garden as much as usual this year. It never got really hot this summer, so although the plants are big they didn't produce much until the last month or so. The plus is that we never turned on our AC, either! Ok, enough blah-blah-blahing for now. Hope you are enjoying fall too!

No comments: