Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Amazing snow!


How is it that after living here for 5 years I am still so excited by the first big snow of the year? It helps that this is the second biggest storm since we've moved here! I went to work today and just kept looking out the window in wonderment. CSU shut down at 2:00 but I unfortunately have a lot to do, so I was at work till 4. When I got home, Chris and I suited up in our longjohns and snowboarding jackets and walked to Safeway, about a mile away. Along the way, we jumped around in snowdrifts and took pictures of the flaky, powdery stuff clinging to trees in such a beautiful way. You couldn't design a better scene if you had your whole lifetime to do it in!



We picked up some essentials at Safeway - like a baguette, donut, and coffee. Then we called our friends and new neighbors, Matt and Beth, to see if we could stop by and see their new house. Well they were so nice and said they'd cook dinner for us and they had a keg that needed emptying. We're not the kind to refuse help to friends, so we took them up on the offer.

Now we're home and warm. It is still supposed to snow all night and maybe even tomorrow! What fun!



We've been having fun so far in October. My mom came out last weekend to visit. We had a great time on Friday at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, and on Saturday hiking up to Arthur's Rock and watching college football. It was really nice to spend some quality time with her!

2 comments:

Canuck said...

I'm not jealous. Ok I'm extremely jealous, looks like an awesome day (minus the force labor at CSU).

Laura said...

I'm jealous. Nice pics!