Monday, October 5, 2009

In the Mood

I've really been in the mood to cook and bake recently. I think it is partly because we were out of town for so long, and I was craving some home-cooked food by the end of our vacation. And I just really enjoy the act of cooking and trying new things. Chris and I are trying to cut down on processed foods, and he is really good at creating recipes (like the pasta sauce he made last week).

I found a website that I am currently obsessed with. Every recipe on it looks amazing. We are going to make a variation of the chicken pot pie with herbed biscuit topping (http://inncuisine.com) sometime this week. But no Bisquick since it has high fructose corn syrup and I'm pretty sure we can come up with our own biscuit topping.

I'm also on a cornbread kick and just finished making some whole wheat strawberry cornbread muffins. I used the cornbread recipe on the box of cornmeal but did half whole wheat flour and a little extra milk. It was a little like this recipe from another cool website (http://madehealthier.com) I found.

Have you found any good recipes lately?? I know Rachel made some amazing fig-cinnamon swirl bread last weekend, which she shared with Michelle and I after a delectable lunch of taco bell. :)

3 comments:

mcassidy25 said...

Sounds yummy! We made pork with potatoes and apples curry last night, it was sooooo good! Fall is the perfect time for cooking delicious warm food:)

Jenn said...

You should look at this website too:

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/minisite/ce_index.htm

BJ was talking about some carrot cake she found there and it looks really yummy! (And non-processed).

Anna said...

Yum those both sound really good! I made the chicken pot pie last night and thought it was one of the best I've had. It took a while to make but was well worth it! I get to eat left-overs tonight :)