Sunday, April 26, 2009

Back to "normal"

It has been so nice to be home the last week but also things were pretty busy. I feel like tonight (and maybe yesterday morning) was the first time since getting back that I could be home and not feel completely wiped out (aka actually be able to do something productive like put away the mountain of clothes in our room). Have I mentioned my new work plan? Trying to work 7-3:30, so I can have most of the afternoon to devote to training. Although I really like working out in the AM, it's no good when I do a hard workout and then can't focus at work because I'm too beat. Also, if I train in the afternoon I have to chance to do stuff with Chris. Friday I left work a little early and rode my bike through the foothills in Masonville and west of Loveland. I made it to Chris' office around 5:30 and then we rode home together (He commuted 3 days last week at about 28 miles a day, nice!). It was a great ride and hopefully we can do more of that this summer.

Anyway, starting to work at 7 AM is okay except: 1. I wake up at 5:30 which means I need to go to bed early (and should probably be in bed now instead of blogging!). 2. I am very annoyed that my key card doesn't work for the new building my office is in. Tuesday I got to work at 7 and couldn't get in the building! It made me sooo glad I dragged my tired butt out of bed at 5:30. Ha. Hopefully that will get fixed this week, in the mean time I've been working at home the first hour of the day.

In other news in the Harper household, Chris is full-swing into his garden. We are planting a ton of veggies this year, and might even expand the garden to about twice its size. If so I will have even more veggies than usual to share so hit me up in a few months! It's exciting to see him getting it all going, he gets really into it, and I try to help where I can (mostly weeding ... and eating the vegetables). I'm happy he has a hobby he enjoys so much, especially since I have my own obsessions. Anyway, check out his blog, it's great if you are interested in gardening too: The Colorado Garden Project.

That's it for now because I really should go to bed! Goodnight :)

2 comments:

mcassidy25 said...

I will more than gladly help you eat the extra veggies out of the garden!! I'm sure Caley and I would not mind helping out with weeding either if you need more hands:) Congrats on completing your teaching!!

Anna said...

Haha, great I will take you up on that ;)
Are you staying in town for the summer I want to do some more riding!!