Saturday, April 4, 2009

Why?

It's the weekend - time to catch up on all the sleep I've been missing! Or not. For some reason I couldn't fall asleep until after 1 AM last night, and Chris and I were both wide awake at 7:30 this morning. WTF? So, I think we are going to get a move on the day. Might as well.

The week ended pretty well. We did a lab on Thursday and it was gorgeous weather, so I was really happy to be outside. It was nice to interact with the students in a more casual environment than the classroom too. Plus, the lab we did was really interesting to me, we were measuring soil respiration. I don't know why I've never done this before, seeing as how I'm in a carbon cycle focused research group!

Yesterday we talked about some of the key points of the IPCC. It was really interesting, and good to hear and try to answer some of the students questions. They asked some good ones, mainly about non-CO2 greenhouse gases that I will have to look into more sometime this weekend. Also, we talked a little bit about the Heartland Report, which is the skeptics response to the IPCC. I'm glad we mentioned it, but I'm glad that Henry also made some points about some missing links in their logic. But if the students want to read their report, they can! I wish I had more time to read stuff, if I find time I'd like to read some of it too. I read part of the intro, but there was no science, just finger pointing at why the IPCC is a bad and faulty agency. I'm not interested in name-calling. If you have a point to make, then do it!

Ok that's it for now. Just wanted to say hi. Oh yeah and Chris convinced me to join twitter last night. I'm anna_harper. So if you're on there let me know! I'm following Mark Richt, sweet.

1 comment:

Amy said...

For some reason I couldn't find you on Twitter, Anna... but I'm mrsamyb if you want to find me. :)