Tuesday, May 12, 2009

my personality

I realized this weekend I might not be that nice of a person. As with all great moments in my head, this happened while I was riding my bike. Riding up Rist with the Georgia cyclists, the 2 girls on the team were initially lagging behind. I was caught in between them and the guys and thought, "I should wait for the girls, so they can ride with someone who can tell them what to expect, how much farther it is, etc" Then I thought, "But if I push it a little harder I can catch those boys (and Chris, who always tortures me on hills)!" So did I do the nice thing and wait? Nope. However, neither did I ever catch up to the testosterone train. Plus, about half way up we all stopped and waited till every one was together. Then one of the girls proceeded to drop me. Serves me right.

In the end though, I am always happy to be riding with someone else and appreciative to have a riding buddy - just don't take it personally if I'm cursing you as you ride away from me.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

oh wow Anna, you are such a meanie. I am not sure if we can be friends anymore ... haha

you are still the nicest person i know ... sorry :)

Laura said...

What would have been mean is if you had chased the girl that dropped you and knocked her off her bike.