Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hooray for short weeks!

Our weekend in Durango was great - somehow it didn't rain or snow while we were riding our bikes - but also pretty exhausting! So I am very glad that this is a short week. I haven't been doing too much training but masters swimming Tuesday and tonight was really tough so that's added to my exhaustion.

Yesterday I set a date for my prelim. Scary! I have to turn in a research prospectus in about 2 weeks. Then 2 weeks later I take a two-day written exam. Then the next week (on July 1) I take an oral exam with all of my committee members. It is an intimidating process. Apparently prelims are done different everywhere - in my dept you are supposed to take them within a year of defending your Masters. So it doesn't necessarily mean I am any closer to finishing my PhD!!!! Haha, that is a funny thought, finishing my PhD - I hardly feel like I've begun. Anyway, June will be very busy.

I'm hopefully going hiking (snowshoeing?) with Chris, Nick, and Levi tomorrow night and Saturday up near Mt. Bierstadt and Mt Evans. So I want to do some picking up around the house so I don't have to do it Sunday! I'm going to upload some pictures from last weekend and then start cleaning. :)

Chris riding back to Durango after the time trial. I came in 3rd in my category :)

We decided good motivation for me to go fast in a TT would be to attach a donut to the end of my aero bars and say when I catch it, I can eat it. (Actually a donut in the middle of a race may or may not be a good idea)

We took a trip to Mesa Verde on Sunday. This is from Balcony House - very cool!

The devil cheering on riders on the way up Coal Bank Pass

No comments: