Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Road race!?

Yep I am doing a road race Memorial Day weekend. It is insane - 47 miles with 5700 ft of climbing! Two mountain passes: one at 10,500 ft and one at 10,867 ft. Yikes, um what was I thinking? Well I am excited. Who knows how it will go, but even if I get dropped like a bad habit it will definitely still be a beautiful ride. There is a "citizens" ride that Chris is doing, and he is trying to raise $500 for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. We'll be staying with an old teammate/friend, Megan Cassidy, and some other crazy bikers. There are crits to watch on Sunday and I'm racing a time trial on Monday. It will be a fun weekend, but I am going ahead and starting to pray for nice weather now because that could make or break it! Check out the website.

More bike-related postings to come since collegiate road bike nationals are in town this weekend!

1 comment:

mcassidy25 said...

Yay! So glad you guys are coming!! We'll need to figure out carpooling stuff as we get closer to departure time:)